Beginner Help...

Adam.O.C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, im new to photography and the website...

Its just a general question but would any be able to help me with these images of a friend recently when he was doing a gig....

What settings if you could possibly tell me are being used...?

And what equipment(flash,etc.) is being used...?

cause im just after seeing the images and would love to be able to shoot something similar....

sorry for the extremely noob question....

Thanks...:D

8854540631a11665816055o.jpg

8854540631a11665815510o.jpg

Hard to tell since there's no EXIF information (The data a camera embeds in the image about shutter speed, aperture etc) appended to this image, but, based on observation I would say that #1 was lit with a single on-camera flash, and based on the extreme fall-off light, my first guess would be a P&S camera vice an SLR. Since there's the slightest bit of motion blur on the fingers of #1, I would guesstimate a shutter speed of between 1/60 and 1/200 depending on how fast he was moving.

#2 may have been lit with available light or a flash, depending on how far away the camera was from the subject (Impossible to tell; depends on lens FL, zoom factor, crop, etc).

That's about all I have. Hope that helps.

i'd venture to guess that the 2nd was flash as well considering how the light falls off as you follow his right arm back, and the people in the background are super dark as well. also the keys on the keyboard appear to have reflected quite a bit of light on their sides.

i'd venture to guess that the 2nd was flash as well considering how the light falls off as you follow his right arm back, and the people in the background are super dark as well. also the keys on the keyboard appear to have reflected quite a bit of light on their sides.

Good catch! Missed that.

thanks for the help and quick responses :D. Ill try and talk to my friend and see can I get in contact with the photographer and hopefully he can tell me exactly what he settings and stuff he was using. Once again thank you for your helpful responses,much appreciated.

thanks for the help and quick responses :D. Ill try and talk to my friend and see can I get in contact with the photographer and hopefully he can tell me exactly what he settings and stuff he was using. Once again thank you for your helpful responses,much appreciated.

just fyi... it's not something extremely hard for you to copy... it's pretty much just turning your camera on auto-mode and snapping it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back