Beginner here, C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by RobContreras, Mar 22, 2010.

1. RobContreras

RobContreras TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well i enjoy taking photos of nature, but didn't really get into photography until recently, i don't have a "professional" camera but i actually like the results i get with my point and shoot after i play around with the settings, here are some of those photos.

I'm putting here the original and the PS modified version.

PS Versions
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Originals

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. BekahAura

BekahAura TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow you have some post processing skills. People don't usually post the originals side by side, so it's nice to see what you've done. All of the edited versions are much better than the originals.

I see the most improvement in the color of the first shot, the orignial is just blah, but what you've done definitely makes it more interesting. You can't see any of the color detail on the roof before you edited.

I like the 2nd shot overall, but the brown vine or whatever that is behind the flower is a bit distracting.

I love the flower in the 3rd shot very pretty. I think it would be nice to see a little more blur in the background, like what you did in the second shot. (If you have the option on your p&s to change the aperture, make it a smaller number to get less DoF)

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I think you might benefit from making your images a bit larger so we can see more detail in the images.

Nice job with these.

Bekah

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    For my taste #1 has to much saturation.

#2 is ok

and again the greens in #3 look over saturated.

I did an edit of your original of #1:

[​IMG]

4. RobContreras

RobContreras TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    @ BekahAura: Thank you, i'll keep in mind that comment about the vine on the second shot, i didn't really take notice of that when i took the shot, about the aperture, well i think i didn't use macro on it which i think would help with that making the focus on the flower and blurring the background, am i right? also will be posting images with higher res from now on thx.

@ KmH : i like what you did with that shadow spot in front of the windows, i can see what you mean with the green in the shot i'll tweak it a little bit

5. BekahAura

BekahAura TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm not sure what the macro mode does... but if that's what you were on during your 2nd shot, then maybe. Check out your manual to see what each mode does.

Oh, and I didn't realize I could click on your pictures for bigger versions until someone posted their edit... and then I wondered how did he get that big picture??? But for stupid people like me (and perhaps impatient people) it still would be better to post bigger images lol.