Beginner Here! Sony A33 Camera

perfectlyposedsg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I am new to learning how to take professional photography. I have always had a love of photography, but to be honest never knew what REALLY went into taking beautiful photos. I am sitting here thinking wow I took beautiful photos and after doing some research and reading. They aren't as great as I first thought. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to share with me about using my Sony A33 to take pictures? or just for taking photos in general? Thanks!!

The truth is, the camera is the least important part of the equation! Read your camera's manual completely, and then read it again. Once you've done that, check out these tutorials over here. Once you have the basics of how your camera works and an understanding of exposure, then you can move on to composition. Take photos of things that interest you and post them here for critique. DON'T try and get 'artsy' right out of the gate, work on getting exposure and other basics right, and develop your 'eye' as you go. It doesn't happen over night! For some of us, it doesn't happen over 30 years! :lol:

(see above)

Then ... Shoot, shoot some more and when you're done for the day ... shoot again. Self critiquing is possibly the best way to improve your photography. Don't be afraid to kick your own butt. Then post on TPF and ask others to kick your butt.

Mao Tse-Tung said you don't learn from your successes.

Good Luck and Good Shooting,
Gary

I've been a hobbyist for years... but am a noob still and am just beginning to enter the business side... Agree with all the above... Especially shoot, shoot, shoot... Learn to see life through a lens (I've found myself going, oh what a great shot that would make all the time)... All in all, practice and some time studying will go a long way.

More shoot mean more experience, more experience mean are no longer noobber. Spend your time for this if you love it, and if you can't spend a part of your life for this, you can stop now or don't take serious about this

Most reactions

New Topics

Back