Beginner looking for comments on my work

How Am I At This

• Total voters
Would you buy a piano and expect that after a week you would show promise as a pianist?
Would you buy a mallet and chisel and a block of stone and expect to be a sculptor in a week?

What your 'portfolio' shows is that you can see through the viewfinder and one finger works to push the button.
The camera is doing all the work and there is no knowledge of photography or composition that is driving any of these shots.
Educate yourself, read your manual, look at 'good' pictures and start doing some work.

Would you buy a piano and expect that after a week you would show promise as a pianist?
Would you buy a mallet and chisel and a block of stone and expect to be a sculptor in a week?

What your 'portfolio' shows is that you can see through the viewfinder and one finger works to push the button.
The camera is doing all the work and there is no knowledge of photography or composition that is driving any of these shots.
Educate yourself, read your manual, look at 'good' pictures and start doing some work.

Lew!

You're not dead. See, I told everybody you weren't dead. I doubt you'll get your stapler back though, you know how they are around here.

Good to see you back again. :)

No, I'm not dead, just ...................
My life is very, very stressful now and I've lost all ability to be anything but absolutely truthful the way I see things.
No oreo comments for me.

I've spent too many hours trying to get to be a decent photographer to waste time patting the average newbie on his po-po with false praise because he/she thinks the camera's ability is somehow his own.

No, I'm not dead, just ...................
My life is very, very stressful now and I've lost all ability to be anything but absolutely truthful the way I see things.
No oreo comments for me.

No worries. Hope life gets a bit less stressful for you, glad to see you back.

I won't talk about composition and all the artistry that goes with photography because there are many books/tutorials online that can do better.

I will say you have a decent body of work that would be expected as a beginner (I am one as well).

What I did notice is your shutter speeds on average are to fast 1/500-800 on flowers with an 18-55mm lens is just limiting the amount of light that gets in. I would suggest 100-150% of your focal length to start on still objects. Moving object will need to be faster.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back