beginner looking for critiques

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by larkspurrr, Jul 20, 2007.

1. larkspurrr

larkspurrr TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hey, i'm pretty new to this photography thing, and would like a bit of feedback on some of the photos ive taken so far. these are all from the digital camera that i bought a couple weeks ago, kind of only been taking pics since then (took a lot when i was a kid though, but all with my mom's crappy point and shoot...im 20 now) btw, i don't own a tripod, so i apologize for blur.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks a lot you guys. i'm hoping that i don't suck tooooo too much--i just want to get better

2. Wozza

Wozza TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey, I really like shot number 2. :)
    Shot 3 looks a little noisy.
    Last shot with the trike reminds me of the game silent hill for some reason, I think it's the colours and texture.

3. larkspurrr

larkspurrr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yeah, shot number 2 is my fave too (but that could be because the girl is pretty cute haha)

but question, what does noisy mean?

4. Wozza

Wozza TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    A little under-exposed, could do with a bit more punch in my opinion.

Theres something I like about shot 5 too, keep looking at it but can;t put my finger on it.

5. Very good, you obviously have a good eye. 1 and 2 are quite good, and number 3 is close. A little more work on the composition and you'd have a good shot.

4 and 5 (the bottle and the city-scape) have exposure problems - one part is too bright whereas the others are too dark. I also don't think they're compositionally that strong, meaning that even if your exposure was correct you might find them less interesting.

Number 6 (the trike) seems really pixelated, but I really like the composition and the mood. It could also benefit from some white balancing.