beginner looking for improvement - please criticize

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by goliath, Aug 6, 2008.

1. goliath

goliath TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am looking for you comments on the different aspect of the pictures (color, contrast, subject, ...)

Thanks

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

2. Resin42

Resin42 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I don't know much about baby photography but #1 works for me.

#2 is pretty good composition-wise except for cutting off some of the left hand. It could do with the exposure being reduced slightly and some contrast. The pose is fantastic though and it's a really good, unusual capture.

#3 isn't really much more than a snapshot, try to focus on the eyes when shooting portraits, (I know how tough this is with toddlers).

I don't know what you've done in the mono conversion of #4 but the left arm, side, thighs and crotch of a lovely model have been left looking dirty, I'm surprised she didn't swing at you for that :lol:. 5 is a much better conversion, I don't even mind the skewed horizon on that one. Don't be afraid to use plenty of contrast on your mono shots.

#6 is a good shot, nice colour and DOF, but #7 is completely out of focus.

Overall I'd say you've got a good eye but don't feel compelled to center your subject all the time, experiment with the rule of thirds and you'll have much more eye grabbing shots.