beginner photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suck lol..the first one i kept it on da program mode and used the manual focus..the sceond i used 4000 speed to try to "freeze" the water guess i shouldve used the flash also...its to dark

da post is rite.... u has a point..... the pics does sucks..... and da sentunces like dis is real annoying..... it makes u looks like u has a mental problam or is on drugs or something......or cant keep a thought for more than 5 seconds......

I'm glad someone said this.

"It should also be noted that the original post of this thread is an insult to alot of dedicated professional photograpers full or part time. "

hey - i have a camera now, let's make some money by undercutting the professionals and fooling unsuspecting customers making them realize that they really don't need a "professional" photographer. there goes the industry. now everyone thinks that the photography business is run out of mother's basements with clipart on a business card that's been cut with scissors.

starting a business based on the fact that you have a camera is like opening a restaurant because you bought a microwave.

there's a new studio opening every week around here:

mary's photography
jill's photography
i have kids photography
need extra money photography
just bought this cam photography

never be afraid of competion

There's a difference between competition and some guy with a little money opening a store with no sitting fee and 5 dollar 8x10's that look like, well, you know where I'm going. They're ruining the profession!

there is nothing whatsoever wrong with my statement.

if hes crap he wont make any money do whats the problem

I wish that it were true, but you know as well as I do that the bargain bin photo studios (Wal-Mart Photo anyone?) are always packed. Then, they wonder why their non post-processed, poorly printed, poorly TAKEN photos don't look good.

Or even worse, they end up liking the pictures! That's not a bad thing, but when they're convincing everyone that "Oh, the Walmart studio is just as good... and they charge TWENTY DOLLARS LESS for an 8x10!!", it starts to take business away from the mid-priced segment.

but thats just business surely

i wont be replying anymore to this cause i will only get into trouble

I want to comment on a few things here.

yes the whole gramma thing is annoying-get over it or dont read the post.

The original poster is new at photography, and may think its easier than it is, the fact that he/she has posted up examples when he/she know the pictures suck shows they want to learn.

Regarding those waterfall pics (bare in mind i am not too experienced, and learning also....

For now forget about manual focus, concentrate on learning the 'creative zones' learn how AV and TV affect your camera and also how using manual mode combining everything together. You can also shoot on P mode-review the settings directly after the picture and then use manual mode to recreat these settings, its cheating and the results may not be what you want, but it may be a good way to get used to changing things around on your camera.

learn how to shoot with out the flash, then how to use the flash to fill in shadows then how to take flash shots-if you do alot of flash photography buy an external flash (im saving for one)

Is that water fountain lit up at night? or do you know one that is, go back to it and experiment at night too, see how using a slow shutter makes your water smooth (I prefer this) or buy a ND filter and do it in the day time, when using a slower shutter speed you will need a tripod. or atleast be resting the camera on a stationary surfice, also use a remote trigger or auto timer, this should iliminate camera shake from presing the trigger

I started with the canon S3is (point and shoot with manual settings) but now have the 30d. I am experimenting and what I have written above are two things that have helped me learn

Oh and I feel extreemly clumsy with my camera and feel like I take along time to get the camera to the settings I want, but I dont care, for now I dont have to be fast, take your time, enjoy the summer and your camera

This is definitely a joke. The poster is hitting on every stereotype you can imagine about all the things that drive professionals crazy. And if even half the information he says is true he would have all the answers to all of his questions. Bottom line is he's yanking your chains and your coming along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back