Beginner Qs using Nikon N75

kazubb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
I'm new to this site, but I had no luck with a Nikon forums page that I found on google. Not sure if this is the right place to post but...
I'm using a Nikon N75 with an AF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5D IF lens, AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED lens, and SB-80DX speedlight. Also two filters; UV and a Polarizer. The 28-105mm lens seems to work ok for most things. I really want something that'll take really nice wide angle shots and also something that'll get me up closer to those distant objects. Wide angles I'm not sure about at all... The ones I've looked at range from 18mm f/3.5 to 35mm f/1.4. Any suggestions?

if your want a wide angle, a Sigma 10-20mm is a reletivly cheap option, compared to the nikon equivelent. Im not sure if this lens covers film, it might just be for digital cameras (the sensor is smaller on digitals)

For something that will bring things cllose a 300mm lens is good. I have a Sigma 600mm f/8 (not mirror lens. the focal length and aperture have a reletivly small DOF and are not good for much of anything) that I picked up used off of ebay for 40 dollars. Its really good for bringing things up close, and if you ever go digital, or get a digital, it will be the equivilent of 900mm. VERY good for bringing things far away seem like they are right in front of you!

Nope, the Sigma 10-20 is "DX format", meaning it won't cover 35mm film. Sorry.

If you have the cash, Nikon has a number of awesome ultrawides, including the 14-24 which covers 35mm film. It's expensive, but amazing quality, and very wide.

Nikon has lens for all applications, wides are very expensive for film as they are FX, no DX lens is much use to you, on my film cameras I used 24mm, 28mm, 50mm and 35-135 zoom, these covered most situations with ease(WEDS&PORTS), I would only splash out on longer lens if I were doing sports/nature as the cost of these does not merit their worth when sitting in your camera bag and most situations don't require long focal length, its horses for courses in this game. H

I use a 24mm f/2.8D that I picked up on eBay, wonderful for wide-angles with just the slightest bit of distortion that really enhances the wide part of the photo in my opinion. Cost me $240 off eBay with a filter and hood.

Most reactions

Back