Beginner searching critique

bogdan.m

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my latest landscape photo, i've been using my camera for a few months now and i am looking forward to learn new stuff
Sun rays by Bogdan M, on Flickr

Very nice; I've always love that "sunbeam" look. I think you could improve this even further with a little careful dodging and burning in the clouds to pull out more detail.

Good scene. I think the contrast is a bit sharp, and the greens have a slightly unnatural hue to them. Shots like this are always demanding of the camera, and are always the best when exposed in RAW format, and then skillfully edited in software. A good scene however! Your large watermark is a bit distracting to me, and has become an intrustive element in this picture.

i always shoot raw, i edit in lightroom, and yeah, i saw that watermark too and the unnatural green tho i only brushed it with a bit of exposure. I made some changes to those flaws, what about now ?

i always shoot raw, i edit in lightroom, and yeah, i saw that watermark too and the unnatural green tho i only brushed it with a bit of exposure. I made some changes to those flaws, what about now ?

I liked the exposure, but I think the grass looks more natural this way...for what it's worth. Your grass looks a bit too blue to me, and a little too saturated. I played with some color adjustment in LR.

grasscolor.jpg

well, if u guys really want to play with the photo i can share the raw file with no problem, the grass does look nice that way. I still have a long way to go :)

Love sunbeams, and you have a great shot to play with. This would probably look great as a tone mapped HDR. Since you're using LR, I made a few adjustments to your last image to show what it could look like with more drama. Is your monitor calibrated??? The White Balance seems off. In LR I made the following adjustments. Temp +2 Tint -19 (White balance correction), Exposure -.36, Highlights -19, Shadows +14, White -40, Black +2, Clarity +55, Vibrance +17, Tone Curve - pulled the darks down slightly, Luminance Yellow+6, Green+1, Aqua-18, Blue-2, Sharpening 45

33124134733_a957dab804_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back