Beginner seeking C&C

Laetitya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Got my first "proper" camera 3 days ago, Nikon D90 and since then have been taking quite a few pics. Would love to hear your comments:

2.jpg

35.jpg

12.jpg

36.jpg

3 would be nice if the horses were coming towards u.

3 would be nice if the horses were coming towards u.

Does that mean the other ones are so bad they are not worth commenting on? :confused:

I know...I did take some shots of the horses coming towards me but it all looked a bit too much with the sleigh and people behind them

in 1 the light and background are working really well, i also like her expression. the back of her head is cut off, always unfortunate.

2, the light is flat, the left arm partly in the frame doesn't work composition wise.

3 is an excellent subject but framed too tight on the left. the background here is dull and there's no context.

in 4 the tilt does not work as it seldom does unless the picture is of an abstract nature and then still it should be used with care.

Comment for #3 as well. My eye is wondering what I am missing and wants to know what is coming into the frame next. The other 3 photos certainly explain there purposes perfectly. Nicely done.

I am sure 2. may not be correct but I think its cute!

Thank you all for your comments! Here are some more pics seeking constructive criticism:

mod22_s.jpg

mod37_s.jpg

mod39_s.jpg

mod3_s.jpg

Thank you!

I like #1 except the background looks like a mattress. After looking at it the third time, I realize it's tracks in the snow, but it's distracting to me.

I also like the fence in the snow. Interesting lines and patterns.... clean snow with shadows on one side, foot tracks on the other. It's interesting to look at.

The others don't do anything for me. The two black horses would be a nice subject, but I don't like the tilt or composition.

I really like the second one of the second batch (the fence). The footprints being on the other side of the fence make it look like you were trespassing...teehehehehe :) I think I'd like it even more if you couldn't see the chain link fence in the background. But I really like the geometry and the shadow in that one. snazzy! :)

Thank you for all your comments and constructive criticism which I shall definitely try to take in mind next time I am taking photos, for those of you who are not yet fed up, here are some more:

mod4_s.jpg

21045.jpg

27.jpg

38.jpg

The circus tent doesn't work for me, but the others I like. I really don't know why, but I like them.

The circus tent doesn't work for me, but the others I like. I really don't know why, but I like them.

You don't know why you like them as they don't follow any of the rules of good photography? i.e. they look unprofessional but there is something about them you like?

Most reactions

Back