Beginner software?

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Should I get Adobe Lightroom 2, or Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate ?? Corel is only $49.99 right now.

I am mainly looking for something to help keep track of my photos and to do the basic touch up and editing. Maybe some minimal effects, but nothing too hardcore. I am not a graphic designer or anything. Thanks guys.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
picas will organize for you and it is free.

it will do a few things,

photoscape is also free and has quite a few tools that are very useful for a beginner.

based on your information i would go down that road and out grow these before advancing to spending more money.

have you checked the software that came with your camera? That should have some useful tools as well.

Picasa is good photo organizer that can also do simple edits and it's free.

FastStone Image Vieweris another free photo organizer that can do simple edits.

Lightroom 2 is a photo organizer first and a photo editor second. I have no experience with Corel Paint Shop Pro so can't comment on it.

Yes, get Corel! Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate has more features than Photoshop Elements and at a lower price. You will also find it easier to learn.

skieur

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the advice. I ordered Corel Paintshop because it was 50% off and I didn't want to miss that good of a deal. Hopefully it will come in handy.

Most reactions

Back