Beginner - Street Photography - C&C solicited

chetanls

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I just recently entered the world of DSLR. I took a few photographs capturing the street life in India. Would love to hear feedback from you all.

1. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2759/4018064515_ed02f84b88.jpg

A few things I attempted (or to be honest, fell into place automatically :blushing:): The two blurred images in the background are part of the story. The laborer doing hard manual work while the supervisor stands behind overseeing the work. The main subject - the man with a royal moustache - has been kept at the right thirds of the frame. I think I should have overexposed the image by half-a-stop of so; I think the main subject appears too dark. Should I do some fill lighting or selective tonal adjustment in PP?

2. [IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2704/4063467327_cfe3270910.jpg

Here too, the props in the background add to the story - I feel it gives a sense of the livelihood of the two main subjects. Both the subjects were looking at a particular subject of interest which I have deliberately left out. Also, since the low evening light projected stark shadows, and the whole scene depicts an almost bygone era by modern living standards, I felt B&W will do justice. I used 'de-saturate' in PP to achieve B&W. Should I be doing more selective tone conversion perhaps? The faces of the main subjects are dark?

Would love to hear C&C

You forgot the

Thank you Boxphotographer and thebeatles.
One request - I followed the instructions on "posting with photographs from 3rd party site", but obviously, I have gone wrong!
Can you please help me here?

Thank you Javier. I went thru your article - great tips and some great photos. It was very useful to me; thanks again.

Thank you Boxphotographer and thebeatles.
One request - I followed the instructions on "posting with photographs from 3rd party site", but obviously, I have gone wrong!
Can you please help me here?
you got most of it right in your post. you added the img tag at the beginning but forgot the [/img] at the end of the image.

Compositionally speaking, I like #1 the best. However, as a street photo, I really like #2. There's more going on, and I can't help but think, "What are those guys looking at?" They're both great though.

percent20 - thank you for the info.
All - thanks for your words of encouragement as well as inputs...
Feels good to be part of a forum where everyone is so responsive!

Both of them are excellent. Glad the first one is in colour, since B&W wouldn't have the same impact. You might have tried to squeeze in the guy's foot and the handlebars of the bike in the second.

Most reactions

Back