Beginner's Critique - Pass it on

IMG_1773.jpg

you did a great job with the red pedals but i feel like the picture could be cropped more. Maybe if you could crop it so the house isn't in the backround would make it look a lot better in my opinion.

I like the tree quite a bit but I think a little more could be in focus.

100_1463BW.jpg

I realize the background is way off but I like her...

She's purty! Very nice composition. You could have used a fill flash here (as if I know how to properly use a fill flash!)

I'm about to show my weak point! Landscapes. I stink. Help!
IMG_4200edit.jpg

Personally, I feel that picture is caught between landscape and a portrait of the seagulls. It seems that there was not much sun on the day that it was taken. If it was me I would have taken the picture from further away with a stronger anchor (of if I had, used the seagulls as the anchor), either on the top left corner with 1/3 of the picture as the ocean or at the right lower corner with 2/3 of the ocean.

Hope I was able to help a bit.

Here is mine:
goldencopyws0.jpg

Focus is lacking D:

Justifiable, but do you not feel that the composition would be lost if that was done?

EDIT: What happened to the post above me? D:

Personally, I feel that picture is caught between landscape and a portrait of the seagulls. It seems that there was not much sun on the day that it was taken. If it was me I would have taken the picture from further away with a stronger anchor (of if I had, used the seagulls as the anchor), either on the top left corner with 1/3 of the picture as the ocean or at the right lower corner with 2/3 of the ocean.

Hope I was able to help a bit.

Here is mine:
goldencopyws0.jpg

Focus is lacking D:

Gorgeous photo, not sure that I am qualified to properly critique anyone but my first impression other than it being beautiful was perhaps the color was a bit bright and could be a little softer? I know nothing lol

Here is mine of my daughter Alexandria:

2653572796_161b1ba7ca_o.jpg

Yup...very cloudy day in Santa Monica that day and yes, very helpful comments!

Edit... I was critquing the wrong photo...

I really like this shot. This would have been a difficult shot to get both the background (which is blown out) and the subject (which is exposed perfectly) to be exposed correctly without a nice flash unit. I'm not sure what you have, but a little fill flash might have givin you the chance to get the background and subject exposed correctly.

Here's an old one of mine (2006):
284147653_b43c6e7823_b.jpg

nice picture perhaps a little out of focus ( or maybe you were just a little close) but great photo.
IMG_1612.jpg

nice picture perhaps a little out of focus ( or maybe you were just a little close) but great photo.
IMG_1612.jpg
I like what you were trying for here but it came out overexposed in the upper right hand corner. I would have tried spot metering the shot and then I would have done an AEB of this and then found out what worked the best . Chances are they have all failed , but the fun is in trying
Here's shot for the next critique.
YellowWarblerinCedarcopy.jpg

I'm a noob with no right to slam your pic uplander, but rules are rules :mrgreen:

I think if you were able to zoom in a little more that would have been nice. Also if you maybe made the image a little darker? The bird is a very vibrant yellow so I'm sure a faster shutter speed would've been OK. Looking at the background, it looked like a pretty dark and grim day anyway, maybe a darker picture would've been a more interesting/grim mood?

Very nice pic though, I love the blurred background. I had to think for 5 minutes before I came up with anything to say in my critique so sorry if it sounds desperate :mrgreen:

Heres my pic:
2673117300_497f8b9038_b.jpg

I took this picture of my friend when he and I were at the range shooting. I mainly want to focus my photography skills on action shots like these, so any tips on how to take better photos will be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this. I haven't critiqued a photo in about 15 years either. I'd prefer to see your friends face. I don't like the roll of tape & box of bullets sitting on the shelf either. It just looks messy, maybe a different placement of them. And the green box is cut off. Little things. Otherwise the color is good, very even.

Here's mine

2672363495_06d405d611.jpg

I'm new to this. I haven't critiqued a photo in about 15 years either. I'd prefer to see your friends face. I don't like the roll of tape & box of bullets sitting on the shelf either. It just looks messy, maybe a different placement of them. And the green box is cut off. Little things. Otherwise the color is good, very even.

Here's mine

2672363495_06d405d611.jpg

looks so dead for me, it's like a movie without emotion.

here's mine, critique harsh:
teecr6.jpg

looks so dead for me, it's like a movie without emotion.

here's mine, critique harsh:

Set your aperature value a higher and focus a little better. Lighting could be better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back