Beginnings(8 photos)

Graelwyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought I would post some of my work...I have called it beginnings, as although I have been doing this for 5 years, it has been very much sporadic due to not having decent equipment yet. I am open to critique and maybe a little praise if you like anything

cemetery18.jpg

cemetery14.jpg

cemetery12.jpg

cemetery9.jpg

tree3.jpg

microcosmicsky-1.jpg

sunsetbeach.jpg

shiningwaters.jpg

they all look great...i really like 2 and 5

Thanks for looking and commenting. I like my tree the best, I believe.

I really like what you've got here. 6 is absolutely beautiful.

Like my little Powershot, your camera does not seem to deal too well with too large dynamic ranges, so you get bright light where the sky is bright but you are in a dark surroudings, such as woods or graveyards.

All the same, I still like #2 here best, with the cross (dark) in that pool of light (bright).

Where is this ... your name suggests something Gaelic...!?!?

Well, the tree shots and the cemetery shots were taken with an Olympus camedia C-310 so that gives you some idea of what I was working with, My Nikon stopped working, my f60, probably due to battery issues, and I just went off film. The sunsets were all taken with the f60. Naturally, I am relishing the idea of getting my hands on the dslr I now have the funds for, but I am still trying to decide between nikon d80, d200 or a canon 400d. d200 would be stretching my means somewhat though and I am not sure I need such an advanced one right now, until I have mastered using them better.

The name is Welsh but I am not from Wales. It is a word that just came into my head one day 6 years ago, so I used it ever since on all the forums I join.

These are your 8 finest photo's.....aren't they?

They are excellent, well framed, well exposed with good colour saturation.

Lol, not finest, I am still a beginner, these are some of my first photos. The sunsets are the first I took with a film slr camera, and the others are my first ones with a digital automatic... I am now investing in a Nikon D80 or D200 to see how much further I can go.

nice sunset photos. Nice work.

Thanks... wow, you have an EOS 1D Mark II, very cool. Had I the funds, I would love one of those, as it is, I am investing in a Nikon D200 or D80 once I decide.

Most reactions

Back