Behind Bars

Rachelsne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Normally when I take pictures at the cat shelter, I try not to use the cages as BG and usually create a DOF that blurs the nasty cat shelter feel that is present in the pictures

Today I decided I would try and capture the sadness of the cats in cages, I want them to look sad and lonley, to try and tug on prospective owners heart strings -if anyone has tips for that I will greatly receive them

Iso was high shutter was not very fast and apature wide (low number?) canon 30d 50mm 1.8. The light is extremely poor, I think next time Im going to take a table lamp to help me out a bit. I ran some noise reduction and unsharp mask in photoshop Elements.

I wasnt over impressed with the quality of the pics but I did like the composition

1, Pandora, she is in quarantine, as she has a virus, she does have someone who is taking her home once she is finished her quarantine period
2559457469_1e068055e5_b.jpg

2, Robbie came to us wild but slightly friendly a few months back, he also had a broken leg, so he did not get to have much interaction with humans so he is a little bit hyper now he is fixed
2559457351_9d08edacbd_b.jpg

Misssed focus, bit I like it still:
2559457037_23c54fe101_b.jpg

4, clay, also known as elvis becasue of his side burns
2560279870_695a5a9333_b.jpg

Great photos, sad cats! =(

Theres something about that 3rd out of focus photo that I like.

I think it's like your in the cats cage, watching him sleep as he has nothing else to do.

He lays there in hope wishing for someone to adopt him.

I hope they all get amazing homes! :(

Thanks, We are a non kill shelter so we dont ever give up on our cats, but the last cat is extremely shy and the cat above is just crazy, so it is a challenge trying to find suitable homes

Great photos. I think number 3's my favourite; the softness puts your attention straight onto the cat, and what an adorable one it is.

Send them all my way. I've all the patience in the world for cats :)

They defiantly do what you want. My daughter walked up while I was looking at them and said they look sad and need to be loved. I really like them. Are you going to be putting them in papers or on TV to promote adoption??

Great shots as usual. You really captured the emotions of the cats well

:thumbup::thumbup: Excellent shooting. You really captured the emotions on their faces. Big Ahhh factor too.
Congrats on your work there at the shelter. I wish there were more like you around.

Thanks for the comments

The pictures will be made into a slide show with some sad accompanying music and put on the cat shelter web page

All the cats are well loved a the shelter, and during the cleaning (between 7 and 2 each day) they all have full run of the shelter, and yes this can make a rather crazy place

I thought I would show how spoilt the cats at the shelter really are:

this is blue, she was rehomed but unfortunatly her new owner had a nother cat that bullied her and she never settled in to the home, she ate lots and didnt exercise, she was retuned to the shelter and put on a diet :) she reminds me of a sea lion in this pic becuase her feet are oof and look like a tail fin LOL
2559456627_7e8ed9d523_b.jpg

Thanks again for the comments Im glad I seem to be archiving what I was aiming for!

i really like how you displayed each setting the cats were in good work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back