Behind, in front or both?

CanadianMe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just curious, and maybe it is just me, my daughter loves taking photos, but so, so many of them are self portraits. Where as I on the other hand have taken one in my lifetime of myself if I recall, I will post it below. I look after the family photos and always have since I have been married and there may be a total of a 12 pics with me. I hate my photo taken and cannot fathom wanting my photo taken. So are you like me, or do you not mind your photo taken or do you really enjoy being photographed? I prefer to take the photos and not be in them. Just like to know how others feel and are you an in front person, behind or both for photos? Oh this is one of two photos I have ever posted of myself online. It was minus 30c. on this day.

2262493086_785357fcd2.jpg

After seeing this post I have a general idea lol ... http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26989
m

Hey, good to "see" you for once! :D
My daughter is ever so much into taking photos of herself, too, seems to be quite the fashion among the girls worldwide. But she wants to be on her own with the camera during her many self-portrait sessions.

I am old by now.
And therefore prefer not to be in too many photos myself, so the world need not see all my (ever adding) wrinkles and flaws.
But I don't mind to get into other people's photos, either, only do I often mind having to LOOK at them later and having to think "Oh my! THAT's what I look like? Dear me!"

All in all I must say I prefer to be behind the camera.

Being the photographer that I am, I felt I had to learn not to hate being in pictures....thought it was a bit hypocritical to take so many pictures of everyone else, and then hide when someone else brings the camera out. :p

I don't mind being in a picture, but I'm not into self portraits. Well, I'm not too good at it. My wife takes better pics of me. I somehow manage to catch myself with the ugliest expressions and from the weirdest angles...:er:

pascal

I generally hate to have my photo taken, but have taken quite a few self portraits lately in order to hone my PP skills. I'd still rather be the one taking the photo :)

Being the photographer that I am, I felt I had to learn not to hate being in pictures....thought it was a bit hypocritical to take so many pictures of everyone else, and then hide when someone else brings the camera out. :p

I can live with being a hypocrite in this instance lol. I don't hide I just manage never to be in the frame. :D

I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought YOU were a hypocrite!!!

I hope you didn't take it that way!

I don't like having my picture taken, which is why I think I started taking pics (so I could be behind the camera). I have always suspected that this is the reason why a LOT of photographers started taking pics initially.

But I've gotta say, if I know a camera is pointed my way and is about to take a shot, I've learned not to fight it cuz then the resulting pic of me will be even worse.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought YOU were a hypocrite!!!

I hope you didn't take it that way!

It is not a problem , I took you it in a very, very light hearted way. I was just joking around, I take very little serious outside the great info on photography I get from this great site. I consider myself a convenient hypocrite, I think we all are in some way I can just admit it lol....

I hate pictures of myself, I rarely ever take any and if I do I photoshop them A LOT. I prefer to be behind it and never in front.

Last time I did a self portrait ...this happened. :lmao::lmao:

00McWG-38620984.jpg

I am DEFINITELY a picturewhore. But that's probably cause I'm young and beautful! :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back