being too nice

Honestly, I must have missed that thread as well... And for that I'm sorry... I was thinking about putting up a little tutorial for Lafoto about stitching and panos. Almost all of mine are panos these days (only because I have a 3.1MP camera and I have a lense that just doesn't quite get the whole picture that I wanted). I really need a 10-20mm lense.
If you're seriously going to put some time into a tutorial, shoot me a pm when it's done, if you'd like. I'd love to add it to the Articles forum. Sounds like others could use the information, and that's the best place to showcase it! :)

Honestly, I must have missed that thread as well... And for that I'm sorry... I was thinking about putting up a little tutorial for Lafoto about stitching and panos. Almost all of mine are panos these days (only because I have a 3.1MP camera and I have a lense that just doesn't quite get the whole picture that I wanted). I really need a 10-20mm lense.

put a few keywords here:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=802559&postcount=5

but it is far from being a tutorial. just lists some issued when shooting panos. would be willing to help with a tutorial.. although I am not a pano expert (yet ;) )

put a few keywords here:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=802559&postcount=5

but it is far from being a tutorial. just lists some issued when shooting panos. would be willing to help with a tutorial.. although I am not a pano expert (yet ;) )

Yeah I saw that... I would love to use this if that's ok... I'm going to, by any means, say that I'm an expert about this but I would love to help others start out in the right direction as far as panos and stitched pictures. Alex, that stuff you put in there is great stuff and would really help out as how to take the pictures. I'll see if I can the PP done for this for a all in one (how to take the pictures and how to post proccess it). And by the way if I ever get over to Germany (I think that's were you are from), can I borrow your pano mount for my tripod :D?

Yeah I saw that... I would love to use this if that's ok...

no problem, but it is just a list of issues to be addressed... lots of things to write still ;)

And by the way if I ever get over to Germany (I think that's were you are from), can I borrow your pano mount for my tripod :D?

I am currently here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78979
(warning: pano blooper ;) )

well, if you stay under my supervision so you cannot escape to the airport with it... ok ;)

no problem, but it is just a list of issues to be addressed... lots of things to write still ;)

I am currently here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78979
(warning: pano blooper ;) )

well, if you stay under my supervision so you cannot escape to the airport with it... ok ;)

Have no fear... I am one that would love nothing better to take great care and to give it back once I'm done. The thing I have to worry about now is... Would it really be worth it to fly all the way to Germany to meet a really cool guy (from all my impressions) just to borrow his pano tripod mount just to take a handfull of pictures????

This all hits home to me at the moment. Not long ago I realized I had taken a remark make by a poster and couldn't get past it. I left this forum for a while because it was spiraling upwards. We were just about to start name calling and I have always thought a forum should be about the craft not the personalities.

Most of you know how I feel about things, so we are going to have to agree to disagree. But sometimes if you see things going to hell, it is better to just say do I really care what this person or that person thinks. Do I really need the last word, or is it time to back off and take a look at why I'm really here.

Without going into the specifics I think about half the people here don't really want to learn but want to hear themselves talk. I am most likely part of that, but then again maybe I'm not. But I do know this much I have absolutely no plans to do anything more than share images I have shot. I will answer any question about those images though most of them speak for themselves. As for the rest of it "Let'em eat cake."

I hope this makes me civil if not a good contributor. Just to reiterate being a pro means you were able to make at least some money from the craft. That in and of itself doesn't make you any better than anyone else with a camera. Lest some new person jump me for that statement, I made living with my cameras for 30 years back in the film day, so I can say that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back