Belize

surfingfireman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am finally settled in my new house after moving cities with my internet up and running after about 3 months of living in limbo. Now that I am all set with a DSLR and a high speed connection, a have vowed to post more pics on here. Here are some from my honeymoon in Belize.

crookeddockue5.jpg

palmboat4cg1.jpg

palmocean2qi8.jpg

godrays2pp4.jpg

snakeheadsi2.jpg

spaflowervr9.jpg

waterflower3jf2.jpg

sun6wh2.jpg

Questions, Comments, Critiques more then welcome. Thanks for looking.

Mike

thump!!

thats the sound of my jaw hitting the ground!

AWESOME SHOTS

Way cool, they ALL are really, really nice, 2 and 8 have true viewcard quality, though my favourite will probably always be 1 and 6 - 6 for its graphic element and its colours.
Colours are good in ALL of them ... the colours must be totally extra special there, anyway!

surfingfireman said:
[...] have vowed to post more pics on here. Here are some from my honeymoon in Belize.

Purdy pix, Mike! Crystal clear and nice coloring.

I see your handle. And I see your photos. But I don't see your new wife . . .
Did you really go there for a honeymoon? :wink:

Your photos look polarized at least. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are HDR (blended exposures). Would you care to share how you set these photos up and/or what PP you applied to them?

The draining Caribean Sea in no. 1 is unneccessarily disturbing, though. Could (and should, of course) obviously be rectified (literally) in PP. But even that isn't neccessary if you use the grid overlay in the viewfinder, like so:

ViewfinderGrid.jpg

(This is a KonicaMinolta grid overlay. I'm assuming your 7D has one too, of course; check the manual).

Wow you're good, my favorite is 1, 3 and 8.

Thanks for more nice comments.
And W. Smith, thank you very much for the advice. I have a nasty habit of tilting my horizons, so yeah the grid would be a great idea. In fact, now that you mention it, the slant in #3 is even worse then #1.

I pretty much always use a polarizer, the one (and only one) I have is a Moose Petersen Warming Polarizer, I love it! I have come to determine that the exposure latitude is REALLY small in my 7D (are most DSLR's this bad) so I often take a couple shots to get exposure for the sky and the foreground. I then combine the photos in PS.

C-YA

Mike

Fantastic Colour in all of them. Nicely Done!!!

Yes, besides the consistently slanted horizons these are all gorgeous. Nice post work, you could also use PS to straighten things up a bit. Very good series.

great set mike.... good job with all of these :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back