Bella?

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody heard anything about Bella?

They rang me today and want to see my portfolio.

Is Bella all you have - did they give you a website link or address to contact - offices?

Bellapictures.com

I had a chat with a lady in San Francisco and she seemed keen after she saw one of my hidden galleries.

Check out OSP and DWF, Bella has developed a horrible name among photographers over the past year... At one time I recommended them as a decent way to fill your calendar, but I wouldn't consider sending a photog to them ever again.

I've heard pretty bad things about them. I've been told that they hire pretty much anyone, underpay their photog's and will look pretty bad on a resume. If you need to book a few extra weddings here and there, I don't see too much harm, just keep in mind they won't look good to future photography-based employers.

I've heard pretty bad things about them. I've been told that they hire pretty much anyone, underpay their photog's and will look pretty bad on a resume. If you need to book a few extra weddings here and there, I don't see too much harm, just keep in mind they won't look good to future photography-based employers.

I know they have a base rate of about $1800 for a wedding. I don't know how much they pay out of that though. I have my own photography business so this would essentially give me extra exposure. I could hand out my business cards and wear my logo'd clothing at each wedding and I figure that'd be great advertising for me.

Umm... Shooting a wedding for one company, while handing out business cards for your own company, sounds a little tacky... Don't ya think?

Bella is evil and is killing the wedding photography business.

Their business practice is dishonest.

Umm... Shooting a wedding for one company, while handing out business cards for your own company, sounds a little tacky... Don't ya think?

I'm in business to make money. If that means I occasionally need to get tacky then so be it.

Nah. I see it as a cheap way of advertising my own business.

Mike, from all your posts i've read so far, you are WAY too judgmental.

Especially, since the practices of the company is dishonest, I don't see anything wrong in what Rhys does.

When I was working for Geek Squad, I was hired by GS clients on the side because they did not like the whole payment/dispatch process.. Tacky, you say?
Okay, so be it. It allows Rhys to put food on his table.

If the parent/primary company (Bella or G.S.) allows the sub-contractor to advertise or promote their business then I would think it's fair game...but if they have a clause in their contract to prohibit that, the it shouldn't be done.

And lets please keep this on-topic and not resort to our opinions of other members.

If the parent/primary company (Bella or G.S.) allows the sub-contractor to advertise or promote their business then I would think it's fair game...but if they have a clause in their contract to prohibit that, the it shouldn't be done.

And lets please keep this on-topic and not resort to our opinions of other members.

At the end of the day, it's a question of balances. If it's in the contract that you can't *advertise* your own business then you have to weigh up whether the number of potential clients at a function is worth breaking that part of the contract.

If you know you're going to get $10,000 worth of business by breaking a $500 contract then I'd say it looks well worthwhile.

Most reactions

Back