Belma, softly

If you were to tell me it was shot on film, I would believe you. Honestly I don't think it matters so long as the end result looks good.

As far as film being overrated or "hip", I don't quite agree. Although I don't shoot film myself (I have in the past), I see it as being it's own hobby/craft from digital photography. It has some different disciplines that I think would be useful for any digital shooter to learn. It's also nice for those who like to take a more hands on approach to getting to the finished image.

I agree.

When I started with film I expected that I'll feel somewhat differently but I don't.
Film camera, digital camera, any camera is just a tool and there are great pictures that can be taken with both digital/film and there are some that look better on film and some that look better on digital.

I currently have one digital (6d) and two film cameras (one is a plastic toy and it's mine and another is a bit better film camera) and when I think about each of them I think about different types of pictures, but also, if I had just one camera I'd be perfectly fine with that too.

I love it. Was this shot on film or digital and processed to look like film?
no, unfortunately not on film... Although I shot her on two film cameras also, but I didn't process those films.. will see if there will be something ok on those rolls.

It's shot with a manual lens, Carl Zeiss 35 2.8, and it gave that soft feel, I then converted it in bw because I thought it goes well with the atmosphere
why "unfortunately?" Film is an overrated Hipster affection.
well "unfortunately" because I imitated the film feel here and I'd rather it to be real
I only care about results, not the way you took to get there. The Nik collection has some good film emulating filters.

Grainy but a GREAT look! Congrats!

Most reactions

Back