Benro Carbon Tripod/Monopod

shaunly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anybody have any experience with this? I can't seem to find reviews on this tripod/monopod anywhere. Is this even a real Benro product? I only ask because all the Benro version does not have monopod conversion. Seems kind of sketchy because only ebay sells this particular model and they're all from china =/

Here's the link to an ebay item: Benro C-168 1 C-1681 B-0 Carbon Fiber Tripod Monopod - eBay (item 250517042527 end time Aug-15-10 22:38:02 PDT)

Here's a similar one from BHphotovideo: Benro C-169M8 Travel Angel Carbon Fiber Tripod with 456-169 -

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah I would not bother myself. I have heard of Benro but there not a major brand. Go with Induro, Manfrotto or Gitzo if you really want to. At least you know what your getting

Yeah I would not bother myself. I have heard of Benro but there not a major brand. Go with Induro, Manfrotto or Gitzo if you really want to. At least you know what your getting

I have a Manfrotto and was considering getting another one for lightweight travel size but I didn't really like what they have to offer. I was at the camera store and played with some Gitzo which was very high quality built but also heavy and expensive. I was also playing with Giottoz (think thats how you spell it) and I really liked it. Then when I did some research, I notice Benro has great reviews and for about the same price as the Giottoz, their Ball head comes with friction adjustment. The monopod conversion is just a cool feature but it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't have one.

Benro is a respected player in the photographic field. If you need more info check the reviews via the B&H link you provided or check Benro's homepage.

Benro is a respected player in the photographic field. If you need more info check the reviews via the B&H link you provided or check Benro's homepage.

Oh I know. Like I said, I've already read a lot of review on their tripod. What I'm asking is have you guys seen/hear/experience their Carbon Tripod with the "Monopod conversion" feature. I couldn't find any review on that particular model. And yes I went to their homepage. I notice only Ebay sells that model and was a little sketcky about it.

Found it! For some reasoned, the Tripod/Monopod model isn't available in US that's why it wasn't on their US website, but if you go to their international site, it's on there. Here's the link: http://www.benro.cn

I've been considering the Benro Angel CF tripods which are sold locally. I haven't used them but the quality seems pretty good from just playing around with the demo.

Just 2 cents...

I wouldn't say Induro is any more recognized as a brad than Benro. Certainly not as much as Bogen/manfrotto and gitzo.

Most reactions

Back