Berlin, Oberbaum-City

West_Berliner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took this shot in Berlin in May.
I recently decided to see what I could pull out of it, and this is the final shot.
I really like the crop, it makes it look dense, but still with enough "headroom" with the sky up top..

I'm looking for some advice as how I could make this shot better.
I'm also up for taking a look at your own versions of this shot if you're up for p-chopping it :D (the link below the shot links to a larger version)

251611626_5dd49b277b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/west_berliner/251611626/

Thanks!

i love the pic... the buildings and angles look amazing but (there's always a but) I find most of my attention is pulled towards the sun. I think the pic would improve dramatically with the sun out of frame.

This one looks like a pic that I might have taken, had I come past a scene/subject such as this one here. And I might also have framed it similarly, watching all the shapes and lines of the buildings. And I can say that the colour of the bricks and those very lines attract my view more than the sun up there.
The lens distortion would bug me, but my lenses are of the kind they give me that, too.
And my PS is not advanced enough to give me a quick correction action for these distortions (and if there is a slow but possible way to do the same in 6.0 then I don't know that one).

The link below links to the exact same image on Flickr. Got anyhting bigger, less cropped?

That is one nice photo. The sun is distracting, a bit. Maybe it could be cloned out. I like clouds that give a slight illusion of movement- This one's got it. I like the colors and composition.

Hey LaFoto, yeah the lens distortion is like that on the stock 18-70 but i think it makes it interesting in this shot.

IronFlatline, right here: http://static.flickr.com/101/251611626_5dd49b277b_o.jpg :)
only slightly bigger as I resize my shots for the net. I can always dig up the original if you're interested at trying a different approach with it from the original.

abraxas, ill give it a try, ill see if i can get the sun cloned out without making it look too fake :)

Hi there mister.

I like the shot. But I think it has too much going on it to give your eye a single place to focus on. I would darken the sky allot. And darken the building in the background a bit. So the foreground building stands out from the rest of the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back