berry close up.

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first telephoto shot with my new lense,it's a 75-300, it was taken at1/640sec f4.6 at a focal length of 200mm, i kinda like it but would still like your opinion for improvements for DOF etc, thanks. OTE

IMG_0243.jpg

Don't get impatient with people here, dalebe. It certainly NEVER is personal when you don't get many or you don't get fast replies.
This is Critique - replies in Critique tend to take longer and be rarer.
So please don't fret.

DOF is perfect, so is the light, it becomes obvious how much you like the possibilities of your new camera. The subject is very much in the centre. Next time try to push it a little to either the left or the right to give the photo some "thrill".

Other than that, this is very much "my kind of photo" :).

Well, i think the berries should be most center frame (pushed up a little), and was there a scratch on the lens? Cuz I see a white line on the upper left part of the picture. I'm not quite sure what that is.
Also, maybe zoom in on the berries just a little bit more. Thats pretty much it, everything else is good

I think the "scratch" is possibly a spider web?

I think you may be a month too early for this shot though. Unless you can return in the coming weeks & make it into a series as the fruit ripens? It's very sharp though with strong colours on the leaves. I'm also in Cheshire & waiting for the summer fruits! Must have had the same idea!:lol:

Maybe you could "remove" the 2 stems left and right in the foreground next time? They are out of focus in the DOF and the left one really gets in the way! Maybe tuck it under another stem to move it?

I personally find that posting from the UK (or similar time zone) is not so good! Most people are waiting for their friends or other popular photogs to post and by the time others finish work or whatever & go online your post is already near the bottom of the page where it's unlikely to get any more attention. It's better to look at how many views your post has had rather than how many replies. I have had many posts now with 0 replies and only 15-20 views! Either my photos are boring or they have been posted at a bad time! I could "bump" my posts but I feel this is kinda like forcing people to look at my holiday snaps!:greenpbl:

thanks all! for the feedback i've been looking for, i suppose i have been feeling quite low about my photos and lack of good locations and kids that do'nt want me to take my camera with me everywhere i go, so my photography has had to take second stage, before i took up photography i was a keen bodybuilder, but now i'm only happy when i have got my camera in my hands, there is nothing quite like it, i know that i have to take the highs with the lows, Lafoto thanks for your fantastic comments, you always say the nicest and the right things, Dramadork and PlasticSpanner, i have made notes of your improvements, and yes your right it is a spiderweb, there was a lot more around but they fizzled out of focus thanks again.

Most reactions

Back