Beseler 23C II ?? I need help!

lephotole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
Is this a good enlarger? Also, the one I am looking into, to possibly buy, doesn't come with lenses... I found a "El-Nikkor 50mm f/2.8
and a 1Schneider 80mm f/5.6" for sale.
Would they fit?
Would they be enough for me printing 35mm and 120?
Amateur here.

Also, where is a good place (Bay Area) for me to find good reliable enlargers and dark room equipment?

That model is pretty much the standard. From what I understand they should be aligned occasionally.

Thanks Walt.
You mean align professionally? What type of alignment?
The reason I ask... going to build a dark room in a very remote place, far away from everything. Wouldn't be able to find any help. Is that something I could do?
what about the lens? would they fit?

In all honesty I don't know too much about it. I seriously considered the Beseler when I was in the market and I just remember a number of people mentioning the alignment of this unit. Try posting the question in the darkroom section of the forum. I assume those lenses will fit. I don't know if you'll need any different lense boards etc. Again, post the question in the other section. I don't think you can go wrong with the Beseler. They're supposed to be built like a tank. I ended up getting a good deal on a Saunders when I was shopping around so that's what I ended up with.

Most reactions

Back