Best $20 I've spent in awhile

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So......I finally picked up some rechargeable batteries for my SB-600 flash. Recycle Time is insane. I did a test indoors....With normal batteries I would fire 4 shots about 1 second apart and the flash would only fire for the first....the other 3 it wouldn't fire due to the flash recharging. With the rechargeable batteries doing the same test the flash fired every single one of the 4 times....(same lighting conditions, same spot in the room).

So......if you have a non-onboard flash and you aren't using rechargeable batteries, you're missing out so go buy them. I picked up the 2450 NiMH which is the higher of the 3 "levels" they make.

Lol i just made the switch too. i was thinking there HAD to be something wrong with my flash because my recycle times with fresh batteries was completely retarded. Got my rechargables the other night and the flash fires in bursts of 4! awesome. high five.

What brand are you using?? I just started to buy non rechargeable lithium batteries because of my flash not working with the rechargeables.

What brand are you using?? I just started to buy non rechargeable lithium batteries because of my flash not working with the rechargeables.
That's unusual for a flash unit. I know some things won't work well with rechargeables because of the lower voltage, but not a flash unit. Are you sure you didn't have a bad cell?

I used the Energizer 2450's. The duracell all I could find was 2000's and I wanted the max recycle time I could get so I got the 2450's to be safe.....they supposedly last longer between charges too.

Again, I can't get over how nice it is to have such fast recycle times. We had our Son's 1 year B-day party Saturday and normally I would have had to sift through the dark exposure's where flash didn't fire but that didn't happen once this time. If I had realized it made that big of a difference, I would have made the switch long ago......so don't hesitate people.

You also get much higher capacity out of rechargeables. A set of e2 lithiums is good to have as a backup, they last all day, recycle FAST, and have a self life of about 10years, in short, they work fantastically, but are $10 a set.

I'm using the Energizer 2500 mAh rechargeables in a 580EX II flash. It kept up with the 6.5 fps burst rate of the EOS 40D. I was bouncing it off the ceiling for indoor shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back