Best Camera for indoor photography

suvo7783

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am going to need a camera that will be used for indoor photography only. Professionally with enough light. It will almost never be used for outdoor photography. Now I want to know what type (and preferably which model) of camera to use for this purpose. In a nutshell, I need a camera that is optimized for indoor short distance photography. Price range 20000 to 25000 rs(400$-500$).

I am just too confused with normal digital cameras, SLRs, DSLRs etc.... Please help.

What type of lighting? What is going to trigger that lighting?
What style of photography? Portaits, products, animals....?

You'll need to supply more info - what are you intending to photograph? Still life, people moving? How much light is there already inside? Lighting comes from what - windows, lights, what kind of lights, how far away? Can you use flash? What is the end use of your photos - this might affect the type/cost of camera. Way more info is needed, as any modern camera can take indoor photos with the proper methods and gear, such as a tripod - can you use a tripod in your photography?

To be honest, there is no best camera for indoor photography. It is kind of like what is the best car for taking me from point A to point B, or what is the best cookware to cook chicken.

First, you may need to find out what exactly you are planning to take photo of. Shooting kids birthday party indoor is different from taking a photo of a still object such as a vase indoor. A group of 20 people shots maybe different from 1 person head shot. As far as light concerns, it may look bright enough for human eye, but may not be for camera.

SLR and DSLR allow you to change lenses for different applications. And there are some mirrorless type cameras out there that also allow you to change lens.

I think if you tell us what are you planning to shoot may help us to give you some additional hints. Of course, a entry level DSLR with a kit lens maybe a good way to start learning.

I think you guys missed the price point at the end. He said $400-500 not $40000-50000 :thumbup: I'll take one of those Hasselblad's if somebody's giving them away though.

I think you guys missed the price point at the end. He said $400-500 not $40000-50000 :thumbup: I'll take one of those Hasselblad's if somebody's giving them away, though.

+1

You may be able to get a used (with lots of actuations) Nikon D1x, D2,
Perhaps an old Minota film camera for that with an old 50mm lens, but
you will probably pay a lot more for a good one.

Yes I saw that he was talking about Rupees for currency. I was just rolling with the whole HB thing...

It will be used to take pictures of one person or a group with preferably some background picture (In the atmosphere of a photo studio). It will be illuminated with the lights(as in the studio). No fast moving objects.

I need a camera that is optimized for this situation only. I dont care if it isn't able to take great outdoor pictures or does not have enough zoom, as long as it can produce results indoor(in the mentioned situation).

I can afford maximum $450 - 500. Now should I go with SLR, DSLR or a compact digital camera or something else? What type of camera would be the best worth of my money?

And yes no used cameras.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I really need this help. If it is important I can also post the info about the dimensions of the room, type of lights etc.

In that case - almost any half decent SLR will do a good job. What you really need is a good lens to ensure good results. I hope your costs are different than what they are here in the U.S. because you can't really get a decent new DSLR for $4-500 here.

I have decided to go with Nikon Fm10. With preferably a decent lens. Chose to go with an SLR after all. Is there anything wrong with this piece?? Any known issue i should be aware of??

Most reactions

Back