Best Camera Quality vs Price?

I got a 50D with batt grip for sale PM me for more info

I got a 50D with batt grip for sale PM me for more info
There haven't been many people stuck in the Guestbook lately. Have you noticed that?

People used to routinely get trapped in here and we had to run to the mods to get them out.

What changed?

Well, I think the D90 looks perfect for me. I appreciate all the added input though. :D I read through a lot of that stuff. A lot of good info here.

The D5000 is the best DX nikon Camera.

It has the same sensor as the D90, D300 and D300s and is considerably cheaper. Since you are new to photography I guess you don't have any old AI or AD Nikon Lens. This means that the lack of focus motor won't effect you!

So I say the D5000 because it is a truly brillant camera.

The D5000 is the best DX nikon Camera.

It has the same sensor as the D90, D300 and D300s and is considerably cheaper. Since you are new to photography
I guess you don't have any old AI or AD Nikon Lens. This means that the lack of focus motor won't effect you!

So I say the D5000 because it is a truly brillant camera.

Actually, my father does. And it's quite a collection. That's why I was kind of pulled towards it, a little poking and I found compatibility for what I guess are referred to now as 'older' lenses. :lol:

Okie dokie! Then get the D90 that is also a great camera and it was a Auto Focus motor! You will love it

I mean, I didn't want to sound rude. Just being pulled in too many directions can make one very indecisive! :sexywink:

:D I can understand there is a lot of choice. I generally say D5000 is the best if you are starting off. But if you have older lens you are going to want them to work so the D90 is best until you get to the D700/D3 area. D300 has the same sensor as the D90 and the D5000 so why pay a extra $500 for it!

D90.

Used is another way to go. It saves you money on the body and gets you a little more to spend on lenses, which are one of the first important things to learn about.

I got a friend a slightly used 30D for $385 shipped and PP'ed. You see used 40D's going for $600ish. Adorama had a refurbed D90 for $698.

There's a lot better choices that running out and buying the latest and greatest. I'd only assume to do so if there's something special about the camera and there were no reasonable alternatives.

:D I can understand there is a lot of choice. I generally say D5000 is the best if you are starting off. But if you have older lens you are going to want them to work so the D90 is best until you get to the D700/D3 area. D300 has the same sensor as the D90 and the D5000 so why pay a extra $500 for it!

D90.

Features and operation. I'd never own a rebel, but I'd use an XXD series. Better construction, more intuitive controls, faster FPS, and other upgrades make it worth the extra money to me.

If he wouldn't use a D5000 because it doesn't have a focus motor for older Nikon lens. He is not going to go get a Canon when he couldn't even mount them!

Ahhh... this should have started with, I have a pile of old and awesome Nikon lenses, which body whould I get for them that is compatible and cost effective.

Answer - D90

Ahhh... this should have started with, I have a pile of old and awesome Nikon lenses, which body whould I get for them that is compatible and cost effective.

Answer - D90

Bingo!

I definitely agree that the D90 is a fantastic camera (honestly one of the best in the Nikon line IMO with regards to price, usability, and performance), but that reviewed was severely skewed because of one thing...the kit lens.

Nikon's kit lens is a fantastic piece of glass. Canon's....well there's a reason most people either buy body only or sell off the kit lens quickly. Many of the things they mentioned about the quality are due to the kit lens. It focuses slowly, it's loud, it's somewhat blurry, etc...

With even lenses the comparison would have looked much different. Not saying the T2i should beat the D90, just saying it should be a *LOT* closer battle.

Also: they mention the fact that you can buy accessories for the D90 to add Geotagging as a win over Canon...wait we're now including accessories in our comparison? I agree that the amount of accessories should play a role...but one single accessory as a winning point? Not sure.

I *DO* think they should have brought up the Speedlite option a bit more. They mentioned it in passing but Canon really needs to step up. I wish they'd offer the functionality that Nikon offers in almost every one of their newer cameras (there's a reason every Nikon guy also has an SB600 or more lol). It's one of the biggest things that Nikon does and should force Canon to step up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back