Best CF card for Nikon 8700

prez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Nikon 8700 which i use for work (i'm a realtor and so panoramic virtual tours with it), but would like to take up photography as a hobby.

I want to upgrade my compact flash card and get one that allows me to hold down the shutter and take multiple pictures in a very short period of time. I don't want to go overboard and buy a top of the range card if the camera can't take advantage of it.

What card should i go for? 100x? 133x? faster? Is there a brand to go for, or any to avoid?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, as far as I can read - your camera takes around 2 shots per second up to 5 maximum (the size of the buffer). I also read that using a Sandisk Ultra II card (so reasonably quick) it takes your camera around 14.7 seconds to write a RAW file to that memory card. I would say that is *very slow*. I think mine will do it in just over a second or so as a comparison. I would therefore say that I would not bother to spend more on expensive or fast cards - standard Sandisk, Kingston etc around the 50x speed mark will be more than adequate. Alternatively, I always recommend Adata cards which are cheap, fast AND reliable but these are not well-known yet so you can decide whethger you want to go this route. Funny actually, as Adata are one of the biggest memory manufacturers in the world......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back