Best choice?

Mostly outdoors. What stumps me though, is that some of it will be in low light, for example early in the mornings or during the winter. I don't plan on doing indoor shootings, like weddings though. Do Tamron's have high build quality? If so - enough to last me for years, as this will be my last lens purchase for a year or two.

Thank you veryyy much for your quick reply and help!

Mostly outdoors. What stumps me though, is that some of it will be in low light, for example early in the mornings or during the winter. I don't plan on doing indoor shootings, like weddings though. Do Tamron's have high build quality? If so - enough to last me for years, as this will be my last lens purchase for a year or two.

Thank you veryyy much for your quick reply and help!

Still outdoors, on an overcast day, early morning, you still shouldn't expect to go over 400 even at 2.8. It should be plenty.

Yeah, Tameron makes good lenses from what I've heard. I know a ton of pros using them. (My husband is a Canon Lens freak).

Again - thanks for the reply.

To be honest, I'd like to stick with Canon or Sigma. I'm tempted to go with the Canon f/4 or f/2.8 after your replys, though am confused with what you meant by "over 400 at 2.8". I'm also slightly worried about drawing attention, as being 14, I'd probably draw more attention than normal.

Thank you :)

There's tooo many lenses in the world.

I'm now stuck behind a wall of 'em. I'm debating between the Canon 70-200mm f/4 as I originally was going to get, or the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8. What I'd like to know is:
1. Is the lens hood on the Canon 70-200mm f/4 likely to cause ill-omens due to it's non-petalness?
2. With the Sigma, does it's Image Quality/Build Quality compare to the f/4, and will it hold it's value?
3. Will I need a tripod ring for the 70-200mm, if the lens is not handholdable?

I have a £500 budget, and I could possibly save for the Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 non-IS. A longer focal length would be nice, and I've looked at Bigma, but I'm not too sure of how the IQ would be at such a large range (Reviews for all of these lenses are mixed, hence my confusion). A Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS is pretty much out of my budget too. This is probably going to be my last major lens purchase for a loong while.

^^ Ignoring that ramble...my two original choices are the Canon f/4 and the Sigma f/2.8 (Both the 70-200mm versions). It's pretty much for most things, Wildlife, Horses, perhaps some time at Zoos and places like that, and just...most things.

Phew, now that's over...

Thank you! <3

1) As to the lens hood, most manufacturers produce them specifically for each lens so there should be no problems with it.
2) The sigma is a decent preformer, but I had issues with build quality and lack of a HSM motor. AF is too slow for my liking.
3) The EF 70-200 f/4 L is really light and compact so is easily hand-held up to 1/30.

Great - thank you. Gonna go for the Canon 70-200mm f/4 as it's about £350 on eBay, and then use the rest of the money towards another lens, or acessories. Or some pepper spray. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back