Best day for Camera sales?

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With holidays coming up and all, do websites like B&H have sales?

I imagine a place like Best Buy might have cameras on sale, but their prices are a bit higher to begin with.

I haven't seen that the big places really have 'sales'...but there are often some manufacture's rebates. For example, about once or twice a year, Canon puts in their rebate program.

Many of the stores around here will price match, so it's just a matter of finding the lowest comparable price and asking them to match it.

Best prices at stores will begin the day after Thanksgiving, but most good stores will price match within 30 days from the date on your invoice.

I still like Wolf Camera, as THEY will also price match with local stores and prices.

For what it's worth, while looking through the new B&H catalog, they seem to have a lot of specials going on right now.

I can tell you to wait untill after I purchase, because that is when it will go on sale.

Normally there are some price drops January/February once the sales drop and some get hungry... but then again, if before the Christmas rush, they sell out, you may be stuck waiting for stock an extra month or so.

There are no guarantees one way or the other.

Best thing to do is to decide when you want it, shop around like crazy for the best price from a REPUTABLE source... pay and enjoy.

december 26th i heard from somebody at ritz camera

I'm waiting for the D700 to come under the $2k mark, which it should once the D3x comes out. . .

I'm waiting for the D700 to come under the $2k mark, which it should once the D3x comes out. . .
I dont think so but, they may get closer to 2K. If anything the D3 will have a hefty rebate. This year may be a good year for us as, sales maybe sluggish to start off with till they kick in some incentives.

Most reactions

Back