Best Gimbal for Real Estate Walk Throughs?

USCRugbyNo1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Canon T3I and I am looking to purchase a gimbal to and do video walkthroughs of houses.

Suggestions? I don't need the mack daddy, just looking for help!

A gimbal head is a specific type of tripod head, from what I've seen, they are usually used when shooting with large heavy (telephoto) lenses. They tend to be fairly expensive, so few people use them. Maybe that's why you aren't getting many responses.

I don't see why you couldn't use one for that purpose, but assuming you are using a T3i and a regular or wide angle lens, I don't see why you would choose a gimbal over a more conventional (and cheaper) type of tripod head.

So I guess the question is....do you need/want a gimbal head for a specific reason, or would a conventional head (3-Way, Pan/Tilt, Ball) be OK?

Thank you for your reply Big Mike. This is why I am in here. For education. I am trying to reduce the amount of bumpiness on my shot. I will be walking through the property, so a tripod won't be necessary. I will be creating a video, not stills.

for equirectangular panos as you might use them in a walkthrough I use a 360 precision head and kolor autopano giga. kolor also offers panotour, a walkthough software

My goal is to shoot the video, upload it to dropbox and allow a video editor to do their thing.

And does a Gimbal not offer the same effect as what you just posted Ronlane?

DJI Osmos

Too expensive and that has the camera built in. I already have the camera.

You've never stated you had a budget, let alone what that budget is.

However, if you want to play, you gotta pay. It's not like there's 99 rigs that cost $700 and there's one super-secret-known-only-to-a-handful rig that magically does the same thing for $50.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back