Best Gimbal for Real Estate Walk Throughs?

And does a Gimbal not offer the same effect as what you just posted Ronlane?

There is some confusion here. There are gimbal tripod heads. And there are gimbal stabilizers. The OP is looking for advise on video gimbal stabilizers.

I have 2 different brands of gimbal tripod heads. The video stabilizers are basically the same principle, but smaller scale. Some are hand held, others have the chest mount type set ups. I have no experience with the video stabilizers.

Ideal would be something I could find used locally for under 250 dollars. I apologize for not being more specific in my original post. I am a total newb when it comes to this stuff.

Yes, I am looking for something that can stabilize my T3I when I walk through a house. Maybe purchase new if under 250 bucks. There are some used gimbals being sold where I live, but they are wanting 400+

Watch Craigslist and ebay. Also see if there's a local camera club... maybe someone has one they're willing to sell.

I bought my stabilizer through CL for $80.

Mechanical 3-way gimbals are a ...female dog... to balance, and even well balanced don't provide the best stabilization.
So a motorized 3-way gimbal delivers the best result for the least headache, but cost up the wazoo if you want to use a DSLR.

How much of your money can we spend?

Last edited:
Mechanical 3-way gimbals are a ...female dog... to balance, and even well balanced don't provide the best stabilization.
So a motorized 3-way gimbal delivers the best result for the least headache, but cost up the wazoo if you want to use a DSLR.

Under 250 bucks. So a 3 way motorized Gimbal? What about that harness that someone posted earlier.

I saw a small, inexpensive hand-held mount for iPhone the other day...it was remarkably stable as my son walked with it and the phone in-hand...VERY inexpensive and sooooooo much smoother a video image than hand-held walking video footage. Anything is vastly better than nothing, IMHO.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Under 250 bucks. So a 3 way motorized Gimbal? What about that harness that someone posted earlier.
The harness support like posted the other does does not provide for fluid like movements. It helps support the camera so you don't get uneven video from you arms getting tired. But it will still show your movements of your entire body.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back