Best Gimbal for Real Estate Walk Throughs?

I responded before I really knew about the product. It doesn't do well inside without much light. That's what scares me. There are some for sale used for about 300

Then you need to add light.

How can you add like to a walk through?

Very judiciously.

The light will show up on the pans of the rooms.

Egads. You're not going to add 10-foot square softboxes and 15-foot umbrellas.

Very judiciously.

No idea what egads are

Contemporary equivalent : SRSLY?

Yea, no idea what you are trying to say there.

I responded before I really knew about the product. It doesn't do well inside without much light. That's what scares me. There are some for sale used for about 300

Then you need to add light.

Very judiciously.

Very judiciously.

No idea what egads are

Contemporary equivalent : SRSLY?

Yea, no idea what you are trying to say there.

Good Heavens.

My Word.

OMG.

For Pete's Sake.

For Cryin' Out Loud.

Are You Kiddin' Me?

There are other solutions to lighting that what you're probably thinking of.

Not all lighting is the size of a truck.

There are other solutions to lighting that what you're probably thinking of.

Not all lighting is the size of a truck.

Any suggestions? =]

Mainly, shoot indoors when it's cloudy outside.

Second, this is not about gear. It's about learning to understand and control lighting. There is not 'buy this and you're golden.' It may take a wide variety of lighting options to obtain the desired results.

Don't know how all of that is helping me with my problem.

imo: you need to identify the real problem and that is learning how to stand up for your services /craft and charge a fair price. The idea that you need a gimbal under $400 for professional work is ludicrous. I've known many real estate agents and sales reps that have bought second cars just for the purpose of taking clients around in them. Oh gee wiz it costs money to run a business.

When I first started out many many years ago (in the film days) it was common for a real estate agent to pay $500 for a very brief walk though style photography, no lighting, no real styling, 35mm film not 4x5, etc.. That was away from a major city no less. And the homes were going for a lot less than today's market, agents make money on percentage. A typical real estate agent makes over $6000 on any house sale in the US. Most buyers today are using the internet to find their next home.

You will help yourself simnifically if you learn how to bill properly and charge a fair price. In other words take the time to mathematically figure out your Cost of Doing Business. You set your fees not what your customer wants to pay. "I expect this plumbing work won't take you more than an hour so I am only going to pay you $50" How ridiculous does that sound.

Yes I've taken calls needing this or that and then expecting ridiculous rates (including walk throughs) It's my job as a business owner/sales person to explain my rate and educate on the complexities that even a simple project holds. Why should the client do my accounting work to figure out how much to charge?

Does this help with your question? Yes you are asking for a complex piece of equipment, placing stipulations on it , handle low light cameras, while not expecting to pay any money for it. It sounds like you give away your time and services for free or maybe after adding up your bills you might be paying them to shoot the property.

Welcome to the real world, if you're going to run a business you need to learn how to bill.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back