best I could do...

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well after drooling over Juza Photography for the last couple of weeks I got inspired to go out and take some nature shots at Cedar Hill state park in Texas, unfortunately all I have for telephoto is a 75-300 canon non IS USM lens. So I did a couple of test and found it worked best at F8. I also found the lens stayed at the 300mm spot. I realize the shots aren't great but I spent alot of time farting around trying to get decent shots and these were the best I could do with this lens. Any c/c or other advice appreciated.
1.f8 1/250(didnt check the 1/focal length rule) iso 200
IMG_1499.jpg

after large crop and p/p
IMG_1499copy.jpg

2.f8 1/1600 iso 400
IMG_1334.jpg

after large crop and p/p
redhawk.jpg

Not bad considering your stated limitations. Your crops seem sharper than what I get from my sigma zoom (see sig for details).

I like the Mallard shot (cropped version), but wish the weed wasn't going right through the reflection.

Last edited:
Not bad considering your stated limitations. Your crops seem sharper than what I get from my sigma zoom (see sig for details).

I like the Mallard shot (cropped version), but wish the weed wasn't going right through the reflection.

Yeah that stupid weed , I worked for 30minutes trying to remove the weed but was unsuccessful. I then gave up realizing the the picture wasn't worth the time. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back