TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
300mm 2.8
400mm 2.8
500mm 4
or 600mm 4?
I need help on picking which one to get for wildlife and possibly some sporting events. If anyone has any advice that would be great. I really don't have enough money to go and test em all. I'm barely scraping enough up for the lens itself.

edit: canon ofc

Last edited:
At the price of those pieces of glass, you really should consider renting each and trying them out. That will be a small fraction of the price of the glass and, considering the expense, you don't want to make the wrong choice.

It really depends, also, on what wildlife you are shooting. The 400 f/2.8 is considered more of a sport-shooters lens than a wildlife lens. I am dreaming of a 500.

At the price of those pieces of glass, you really should consider renting each and trying them out. That will be a small fraction of the price of the glass and, considering the expense, you don't want to make the wrong choice.

:thumbup:

If you talk to a rental place, let them know up front that you intend to purchase, but don't know which one yet. Some may apply your rental $$ towards the cost of the lens if you buy it within a certain amount of time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back