Best lenses for Sony a6000??

Discussion in 'Sony Lenses' started by Kalinadenault, Sep 22, 2016.

1. TG1

TG1 TPF Noob!

I would agree to start slowly and build your lens line-up over time as you discover what your needs are. FWIY, I added the 35mm f1.8 prime and couldn't be happier with it as an indoor, low light and general walk around lens.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. r0r5ch4ch

r0r5ch4ch TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I agree with all comments here.

Start with your Zoom lens. From time to time you will make a note (mind or paper) which will sound nearly like that: "Oh, would I have a XXX lens". This can mean faster, this can mean sharper, this can mean a different focal length.

Just pay attentions to those little markers and at the end of a not defined time you will have your perfect "To buy"-List.

But keep in mind, the main aspect of a good photo is still the person who takes the photo. It doesnt help anyone, especially not you, if you will buy the best lens but have no idea about composistion, story telling, light, ISO, rule of thirds etc.

So better invest in good workshops/books first.

Greetings

3. greybeard

greybeard Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

I have had a chance to use the Sigma 30mm f/2.8. Pro side, it is razor sharp. I have compared shots from it with those from my Nikon D750 with a 50mm f/1.4 @ ISO 100 f/2.8 through f/8, and I honestly can't see any significant differences. That is comparing 24mp APS-C to 24mp FULL FRAME. This little cheap Sigma is killer sharp. The Con side to this lens is that it doesn't focus quite as fast as the sony native lenses.