Best Lowepro bag

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Ian20, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Ian20

Ian20 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Having just joined today i wanted to ask opinions on the lowepro range.
    At the moment i have a Nikon D3000 with 18mm-55mm lens and a 55mm-200mm one.
    I have been looking at the lowepro flipside 300 or the 400aw as once i learn a bit more and have more money i am hoping to get a flashgun as well as some filters and a few other items.
    I like the design and have read a few reviews which say they are good.
    I was wanting a good quality bag that is going to last,secure for carrying around and is large enough at the moment for what i have but will enable me to expand later.

I have seen that Amazon here in the UK have the flipside at about £63 used and about £70 new.

2. PhotoXopher

PhotoXopher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Flipside rocks if that's the style you want, I personally prefer shoulder bags and love the Rezo 170 AW and Nova 180 AW (get larger if you need the room).

The Flipside 300 holds a LOT of stuff.

3. CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The perfect bag for me, I found was the Lowepro Micro Trekker 100. It fits my D300 and 80-200 f/2.8(without grip) 2 flashes, 50mm 1.8, and a D50, a memory card wallet, and then the grip and spare batteries in the outside compartment. All of that is a snug fit in a bag that is less than 1' by 1'. A bit of thought is required to pack it, but its fairly easy to get at in a hurry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  4. icassell

icassell TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My advice is to go to a nearby camera store and look yourself. I have a lowepro 200 among my collection. I use it when I travel, because the airlines consider it my "personal item" and then I carry everything else I need in a standard carryon (I NEVER check any bags if I can avoid it). The 200, on the other hand, is quite small for general work.

5. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I've not had good luck with Lowepro gear, nor their customer service. Note: I am only 1 dissatisifed customer and 1, does not necessarily make a trend.

I can recommend Case Logic, Tenba, Pelican, and Think Tank though.

6. Ian20

Ian20 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I wanted to say a thank you to everyone who posted information about this.
    After a great deal of thought and deliberation regarding costs,facilities and type of use i have ordered a lowepro flipside 300 in black from a local family run camera shop for £51.98 and £9 next day courier delivery which i think is a pretty good deal.

Hopefully it will arrive within the next couple of days as i would like to go out and about this coming weekend to take a few pictures.