Best model headshot photographers?

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by kb3tell, Nov 1, 2009.

1. kb3tell

kb3tell TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm doing a little research... I'm putting together a list of the best model / actor headshot photographers. Any suggestions would be welcome...

Thanks in advance.

2. craig

craig TPF Noob!

3. Marissa Foto

Marissa Foto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  4. bhphotography

bhphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  5. JamesMason

JamesMason TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was gonna say me but looks like Craig and Marissa beat me to it

6. Katie Lippa

Katie Lippa TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am SO pleased with my latest pictures, that I decided to embark on a guerrilla marketing campaign on behalf of my photographer, Nancy Jo Gilchrist (NANCY JO GILCHRIST PHOTOGRAPHY | Los Angeles Headshot Photographer | 818-780-0803). Having been acting since I was seven, I have worked with my share of photographers. Not only did Nancy Jo provide me with dozens - and I mean dozens - of usable photos, but she also provided me with the photograph that I consider to be the best one ever taken of me (and it still looks just like me!).

When I was initially searching for photographers, I decided not to look at prices. I knew I couldn't afford every photographer, but I didn't want to hold myself back from finding the right fit, just because of price. (By the way, I highly recommend this practice - find who you like before you dismiss them because of cost.) I found my top ten (of the 25 I searched). Then I narrowed that down to ten and then three. Two had beautiful pictures, but ever actor, every frame, looked the same. My top pic was Nancy Jo. Since she has photos of television stars (from 'The Big Bang Theory,' 'Lost,' and 'Castle') on her site, I figured that she'd be out of my league...BUT GET THIS - because of the economy, Nancy Jo (as of this writing) has reduced her prices to her 1992 rates. That's NINETEEN, NINETY-TWO!!! I can't guarantee that she'll keep them that way, but I've got to tell you, it was a HUGE shock to see this. While other people in her category of photographers (including my pick #2 and pick #3) are shooting for between $1000 and $1300, she charged me a fraction of that. I'm not going to post the exact price in case she bumps it back up; but I've got to say, even if she did bump it up, she was WELL worth it. Someone like Nancy Jo, who decides to drop her rates to help actors-on-a-budget, is doing it because she LOVES taking pictures. And that was so obvious during the shoot. She truly is an artist, and I think it was a bit of synchronicity that I found her. So, if you're reading this, consider that it may just be a bit of synchronicity that you've found my post, and do yourself a favor and check out her work.

Katie Lippa
    Katie Lippa | Facebook