Best online store for DSLRs/lens?

UPDATE:

Ok. I just ordered the D200 from 42stPhoto.com. Have any of you ordered from them before? If so, how was it? Also, the billing address is different from the shipping address. In the confirmation, it said to call the credit card company if the addresses aren't the same. Is this really necessary?

Thanks a lot

-John

forzaF1 said:
UPDATE:

Ok. I just ordered the D200 from 42stPhoto.com. Have any of you ordered from them before? If so, how was it? Also, the billing address is different from the shipping address. In the confirmation, it said to call the credit card company if the addresses aren't the same. Is this really necessary?

Thanks a lot

-John
Should have checked resellerratings.com like a previous poster suggested, a quick looked showed they have a rating of 2.84 out of 10, not the worst I have seen but well below the 9.54 that B&H Photo has. Might have cost you a few dollars more but you may have avoided possible issues.
As for the call to the credit card company, they do that to protect you from someone using your card online. You have to provide the alternate address to the credit card company so when 42nd Street calls to verify, the CC company will have the ship-to address on record.
I hope you are one of the lucky ones that have a good transaction with 42nd Street.

dsp921 said:
Should have checked resellerratings.com like a previous poster suggested, a quick looked showed they have a rating of 2.84 out of 10, not the worst I have seen but well below the 9.54 that B&H Photo has. Might have cost you a few dollars more but you may have avoided possible issues.
As for the call to the credit card company, they do that to protect you from someone using your card online. You have to provide the alternate address to the credit card company so when 42nd Street calls to verify, the CC company will have the ship-to address on record.
I hope you are one of the lucky ones that have a good transaction with 42nd Street.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4011-5_7-278275.html?tag=mlpmerch

I cancelled the order with 42dst and re-ordered with ButterflyPhoto.com. They were great. It came in a few days ago. I love this camera! Thanks for all the help guys!

-John

its very informative article and nice comments i have bought a dslr camera from best dslr lens and i have come to know that this camera is just awesome and the result it quite nice and you would like if i share some of mine pictures.

Most reactions

Back