Best photo print websites to order from?

grant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some family christmas pics with my 5D. Edited them in Photoshop and they looked great. Then I used snapfish to create a christmas card, just received them and they look horrible. Not only are they way darker, but it looks like I printed them on my home printer.

Can anyone recommend a site to order from?

I can't help you with the 'where', but before you spend more time and money ordering more prints, are you using a calibrated monitor? The fault may well lay with your process rather than that of the printer.

I took some family christmas pics with my 5D. Edited them in Photoshop and they looked great. Then I used snapfish to create a christmas card, just received them and they look horrible. Not only are they way darker, but it looks like I printed them on my home printer.

Can anyone recommend a site to order from?

First make certain they are done in sRGB, and not AdobeRGB. Most printers do NOT use AdobeRGB unless requested. Secondly, don't fool around with places like Snapfish...you would do as well or better at the nearest Walgreens(in fact better because you can refuse a bad print at no charge). I have used Mpix, Meridian, Adorama with good results every time, and they have VERY fast turn-around times..

I've also heard how horrible Snapfish is! The above are good recommendations, you might also look at Nations Photo Lab.

I've only printed with Costco and mpix. mpix is sharper, and seems to have more tonal range, but I've decided to stick with Costco until I've caught up on printing, and for things like Christmas cards. I haven't convinced myself the quality is worth the price jump for anything other than wall art. Once I am printing less I might jump to mpix though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back