Best place to get film shipped & developed?

Film is actually slowly increasing sales. Kodak and Fuji have little interest in it but that doesn't mean it's doomed. Of course it will never return to the sales numbers it held when it was the only game in town however film isn't going anywhere.

I use thedarkroom.com also. They're somewhat local to me since I live in San Diego, but I always mail my film in and they have a good turnaround time. My experience with them has always been positive and I find their prices lower than most online film developers. Two others that have caught my eye in the past and I may try are indiefilmlab.com and indiephotolab.com

Film is actually slowly increasing sales. Kodak and Fuji have little interest in it but that doesn't mean it's doomed. Of course it will never return to the sales numbers it held when it was the only game in town however film isn't going anywhere.
There are a lot fewer companies still processing film than just a few years ago.
Film sales are about 1% of the sales at their peak.
It will always be around as a niche market but never again be the king of the photographic marketplace.
It used to be that there was a film drop off in every parking lot on every supermarket and strip mall, those are all gone today.

Ilford brought out 2 new printing papers last year because of the demand

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

There are a lot fewer companies still processing film than just a few years ago.
Film sales are about 1% of the sales at their peak.
It will always be around as a niche market but never again be the king of the photographic marketplace.
It used to be that there was a film drop off in every parking lot on every supermarket and strip mall, those are all gone today.

Ilford brought out 2 new printing papers last year because of the demand

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Uhm........yeah I noticed that. :cool-98:

Prices for Schiller's Camera in St. Louis. www.schillers.com

C-41 Dev 35mm,120,220 $7.00 (Noritzu V-50 control strip monitored)
BW Dev 35mm,120 $8.00 (done by hand by me in steel tank/reel using T-Max)
CD scan $4.95 (scanned with Noritzu 1800 series scanner yields a 18mb file) or $15 yields a 80mb file)
We do offer mail in and drop box service for you scans. and yes we give back your negs.

FYI......BW film develop price increase to $8.80 a roll (35mm, 120/620).

Side note, Schiller's sells film, chemicals, tanks/reels, etc.....

I use Richard for color/slide, and do my own B&W

Most reactions

Back