Best place to get rolls of film in Canada

Thanks compur!

@Mike_E sounds like a plan :D

Just to give you guys a comparison, Tri-X 400 costs 6.59$ per roll in local stores and 3.05$ on B&H!

That sounds about right, even in the US.

Tri-X is about $7 a roll locally. Insane.

B&H is impossible to beat for film prices, don't even bother checking, lol.

Buy a bulk film loader and a 100ft can of film and roll your own.

Beuaphoto in Vancouver has pretty good prices and a much larger selection than The Camera Store, last time I looked anyways.
Ilford HP5+ $6.60/roll, $6.07/roll for 20+ rolls.
They also stock a very good selection of B&W chemicals, as well as different C41 and E-6 kits for home development. The only place I have found so far that will ship them in Canada.
Hope this helps.

O|||||||O said:

This isn't always true, you have to factor in shipping and duty. On an order of 20 rolls, duty and shipping will eat up a lot of the differences , and B&H can't/ won't ship chemicals to Canada.

The best price for TX has Freestyle
Search Results For film - Freestyle Photographic Supplies[]=100%20ft&
Arista Premium is TX. I didn't order for long time, but 1 year ego shipping from California to Ontario was way less, than what B&H asked. Plus B&H will collect HST, but doesn't matter, you will pay it again at delivery time. B&H uses Canada Post, Freestyle FedEx.
The best place to order chemicals is still Photographers' Formulary, however for D76, HC110 and Tmax Dev Henry's is still OK. After all, that are "Canadian products".

Last edited:
O|||||||O said:

This isn't always true, you have to factor in shipping and duty. On an order of 20 rolls, duty and shipping will eat up a lot of the differences , and B&H can't/ won't ship chemicals to Canada.

Make any B&H purchases recently? You need to do a trial check-out from B&H to see what's what. Their brokerage(tax) and shipping charges are about as good as it gets. They use Purolator which means no UPS/FedEx surprises in the form of extortionate brokerage charges. Compared to local Canadian supplies, I'd take B&H for film freshness any day. Given their prices and current demand, most Canadian retailers aren't turning film inventory very quickly in 2013. Their stock is all coming from the US, too.

"B&H can't/won't ship chemicals to Canada."

Hmmm... I beg to differ. I get all of my chemicals shipped to Canada from B&H.
Glen

Glen
That's funny, because they won't ship **** to me in the US.

I usually order from Freestyle, even though B&H is slightly cheaper just because B&H refuses to ship ORM-D items.

It's not that they "can't" do it - they just won't do it. No clue why...

Last edited:

Glen

Try to get a Tetenal C41 or E-6 kit shipped. I have only been able to get from Beauphoto in Vancover. If you have found a cheaper source that will ship in Canada, please let me know.

Sorry, I should have included that I don't do my own colour developing, so have only ordered b/w chemicals from B&H.
Glen

Sorry, I should have included that I don't do my own colour developing, so have only ordered b/w chemicals from B&H.
Glen

They won't ship a lot of B&W chemicals either. Anything that is classified ORM-D. Kodak Indicator Stop Bath, Rodinal, HC-110, some fixers, and a few more developers - to name a few.

Any developers that come in powder form, I'm pretty sure they'll ship.

Glen

They won't ship a lot of B&W chemicals either. Anything that is classified ORM-D. Kodak Indicator Stop Bath, Rodinal, HC-110, some fixers, and a few more developers - to name a few.

Any developers that come in powder form, I'm pretty sure they'll ship.
:) Buy from Photographers Formulary, they have the most advanced commercial stuff, plus tha's the only place (in the world I would say) which is producing the "magical" glycin.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back