Best place to post pictures

loves_guitar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all.

I'm curious, what is the recommended place to post your pictures? I see some guys use Flickr, some Webshots, etc. What are the pros/cons of each?

Thanks.

Look here : the same question in another thread in another of our Forums. And answers - a few as yet, but...

I use photobucket.com/ and putfile.com/.
They work, and they're free.
If I should take a dislike to either one, I'll simply find another one that works and is free. There are at least dozens around.

I don't use online image boards as storage. Only to link to on boards like this. Because a picture paints a 1,000 words!

Proofglobalwarming.jpg

The problem with Photobucket is that they can sell your photographs without your consent, not that I have any worth selling, but thought I might just mention it

Do you actualy give up your rights just for storing your photos on photobucket? That's absurd!

Just for a different spin on things, have a look at buying your own webspace. You can get adequate space these days for $20, if not cheaper, and with that you'll probably get your own domain name as well.

In the UK (perhaps Canada too?), a lot of ISP's offer you free webspace? Mine provided me 55mb when i signed up, which again, should be adequate if you wish to post down-sized images on the forum for people to see? Then check out http://www.godaddy.com for a domain, about $10 depends on the type of address.

Like THE FLASH above, i've no photos that anyone would want to use (yet!!), but at least on my own webspace i'm the only person with access to my images. Plus there's the benefit of FTP access, which i know Photobucket only offers for it's paying accounts, can't speak for Flickr etc.

Apologies for the double post, but i just found this from this very forum, bound to be of some help for you!

Uh oh...is that true? Can Photobucket sell my pictures? I never heard of that (I was probably signing the 'I agree' with my eyes closed again).

Pascal

I tried walgreens.com (biased because I work there :blushing: ). You can set up a photo album and link from there.
example:

34843685%3A%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3232%3E43%3B%3E786%3E232343%3B877969ot1lsi

It works pretty well and is free.

Most reactions

Back