best portrait lenses Nikon

I had a Tokina 90mm f/2.5 ATX Macro (manual focus) for my Nikon FM2n. It was AWESOME. No Nikon Tax either. ;)

Naturally, you end up with a portrait lens and a macro lens.

Only thing is that, as mentioned above, if you have a typical Nikon SLR now, it would be more of a short telephoto than a portrait lens.

I have an old 50mm f/2 for my Pentax DSLR and it is a great portrait lens, and only cost $60 off ebay.

I've used a 15mm f/2.8 fish eye for portraiture. It doesn't pay to worry about being normal...
I took few with 10-17 Tokina Fisheye, it was a very different look and people loved it. :)

hey, can you post a link to see the fisheye portraits you took? Love to see em.

I haven't gotten the lens yet, but I'm ordering a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 pretty much just for portrait and street use. I shoot with a Nikon DSLR and I was going to get the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, but the Sigma's a bit sharper and the bokeh looks nicer.

If you check up on Amazon you can find some sweet lenses for reasonable prices!

I would go for a faster and longer lens like that. As stated above, the 50mm f/1.8 or f/1.4 works great for portraits on a crop sensor (IMHO because I don't like being far away from people when I shoot headshots and rarely do full body) but wider and longer will work too. Just decide what kind of portraits you will be doing and where you will be shooting them most of the time.

Edit: I also think that the 1.4 isn't nessescary if you go the 50mm route. 1.8 is plenty wide and still provides beautiful bokeh for 1/3 the price (about)

hey, can you post a link to see the fisheye portraits you took? Love to see em.

I haven't gotten the lens yet, but I'm ordering a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 pretty much just for portrait and street use. I shoot with a Nikon DSLR and I was going to get the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, but the Sigma's a bit sharper and the bokeh looks nicer.

If you check up on Amazon you can find some sweet lenses for reasonable prices!

Most reactions

Back