Best Poto Editing Monitors

Raybo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently use my laptop for photo editing using Photoshop CS5. And I do my own printing when I have local exhibits of my work using an Epson Stylus Pro 3800. I get by with this set-up (having to make a lot of test prints, then adjust, then test etc.) but, as most of you know, laptop screens are notiriously bad at color accuracy and ability to calibrate for high quality photo editing.

I need some advice on a good external monitor for photo editing. I am currently looking at the Dell U2410 Ultrasharp or maybe one of the HPs such as the ZR24W or LP2475W.

The Dell monitors are very good, especially considering their price. I currently use a Dell U3010.. and love it. Much better warrantly and service than most of the competition.

You'll want an IPS type screen. A much better technology for accurate viewing & calibration.

I'm going to be at B&H this weekend to hopefully see a few of these monitors in action. I had read a lot about the tinting problems with the Dell (especially the U2410) and wanted to see for myself if it's really an issue. None of the last 20 reviews on the B&H website said this was a problem but the Amazon website has a lot of comments about it. Has anyone heard any more about this issue?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm afraid that the Cintiq is out of my price range. As far as the Multisync is concerned, I thought that I heard that I would need a particular type of hardware to make it compatible with my computer. Is that so?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back