Roger3006

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.midsouthgunslinger.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone

I have decided to build a PC rather than buying a rebuild in order to get closer to what I want. As of now, I plan on using SSDs for my programs, working files and scratch disk. That is the part I understand. As far as the processor and motherboard I am a little lost.

I will be running windows 8.1. I am leaning toward an Intel i7 but have not ruled out an i5. On board graphics is not important but basic sound would be nice. Ethernet is a must. My terminology is not great so bear with me. I do need ample ports for three SSDs and a RAID 5. I/O speed is important. An abundance of USB ports is important with emphasis on USB 3.

I will not be using this machine for gaming. Most of the information I can find on high performance relates to machines used for gaming which has me more than confused.

This was much easier when I bought my first PC. In 1983 I paid 6K for an IBM with an 8088. The additional math coprocessor cost more than I will spend in the processor and motherboard for the machine I am building. That dates me just a little.

Thank you all for your help and have a great weekend.

Roger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back