Best Professional Monitors for Photographers

Would this be a good start as an entry level monitor for someone like me who isn't on the pro level yet?
NEC EA232WMI-BK 23" Eco-Friendly Widescreen EA232WMI-BK B&H

Looks like a good entry level display. Yes IPS is the panel tech to go for if you're into photography. But not for gamers. I get motion sick with my screen due to slow refresh rate.

Also I have been told that the NEC and the Dell use the same panel.

True. 100% identical panel, but don't forget the panels are only one small layer of the screen. The anti-glare on monitors with the same panels may be quite different, as is the resulting quality. A lot of a monitor's quality comes from it's driver circuitry. As mentioned before in this case you'd be weighing up a driver with a colour lookup table vs one without.

Anyway I'm interested in the result. Bit of a risk going for the Samsung. It's a Plane-to-Line Switching display. This stuff is very new and unproven, similar to IPS, but PLS is Samsung's way of attempting to not licence patents from LG or NEC.

gryphonslair99
user-offline.png

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today.
Michio Kaku is one, and I am the other.

Glad to see the person, especially photog , who even knows about existence of Great Man- Michio Kaku ! Thank You !!
...All monitors (and Printers) should be calibrated at the factory by the same, universal standards and shipped with multiple universal profiles ....just as KenRokwell said.... But bastards don`t do that...
Cheers... Malvina

Last edited:
...All monitors (and Printers) should be calibrated at the factory by the same, universal standards and shipped with multiple universal profiles ....just as KenRokwell said.... But bastards don`t do that...

Errr what the?

Ignore that idiot (KR). He doesn't know what he's talking about. a) monitors are factory calibrated. b) there's no such thing as multiple profiles since your gamut depends on the construction and technology of the display and any attempt at faking it results in worse display performance, c) monitors are manufactured to universal standards, except the standard is a dull small gamut that should die a horrible death, d) calibration drifts over time, e) printers work remarkably well because their calibration doesn't drift and there's no differences in performance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back