Best specs for best qual D90

igloopants

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What should I be setting my picture qual to for the best possible image?

Always RAW?

And should I use the largest resolution? I always am resizing my photo's for use anywhere because they're huge.

If I take a photo with smaller dimensions will it focus more on better quality?

Deacreasing the resolution will not make the camera focus more on quality, it will just give you a smaller image with less data. To get the highest-quality photos, shoot in RAW with the highest resolution possible, and practice perfecting them in Photoshop.

However, if you're not going to do any post-processing in the computer, RAW is absolutely the worst file format that exists.

What's the major differences between RAW and jpg?

Couldn't you just convert RAW to jpg in the end?

I might adjust my d90 to the JPEG+RAW setting and just keep a set of both

Couldn't you just convert RAW to jpg in the end?
Yeah. Actually, you have to (or TIF, or some other format - some format other than RAW).

If all you ever do is convert the RAW to JPG with everything at the default, then there's no point in shooting RAW. If you want to do anything other than that - RAW is best.

You can do that, but you will use up a whole lot of space.

I mean I could see it if you were to go out on a shoot, and then shot that combo just in case you messed anything up. Then upon returning, keeping the JPEGs you like, then editing the raws you need to tweak, and then getting rid of everything else.

yea, alot of the time I need to do minor edits

i just will have to buy another internal card lolz

Most reactions

Back