Best telephoto lens under 300?

overco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking to purchase something with a bit more zoom than the standard kit lens, I am fine with refurbished and anything like that. I was thinking about a 55-300mm AF-S VR II for 250$, new. Then I saw the 18-140mm VR for a little cheaper than that, and of course, the 55-200mm VR for 100$. Any suggestions?

I think it might be possible to get the tamron 70-300mm vc USD for that price. It's very good value for money

I think it might be possible to get the tamron 70-300mm vc USD for that price. It's very good value for money

Do you have a link to it?

I'm sure you can use Google

OP doesn't know the different versions of the Tamron lens and it's nomenclature.

There are different generations of the lens.
I think, (I don't have one nor looked at them) one is a screw driven lens which requires an in-body motor and the other has a lens built-in motor.

We don't know the exact camera you have to give a recommendation either.

I'm sure you can use Google

There is a 147$ one and 449$ one. well.

Ya sorry. It is the tamron 70-300mm vc usd. The vc usd is the key to the one I recommend. 449 is outside your budget so it may be a non-runner, but i know in the states at keast there is a good refurbished market and I'd be confident you'd get a good secondhand one for 300. Below are some links

Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD Telephoto AFA005NII-700 B&H

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...-1&keywords=tamron+70-300mm+vc&condition=used

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
OP doesn't know the different versions of the Tamron lens and it's nomenclature.

I think, (I don't have one nor looked at them) one is a screw driven lens which requires an in-body motor and the other has a lens built-in motor.

Reckon it's Nikon as op talking about vr lenses

Reckon it's Nikon as op talking about vr lenses
Yes but dependent upon the Nikon camera body is dependent upon whether the lens will do AutoFocus or not. The earlier Tamron lens will not autofocus on the d3x00 and d5x00 bodies whereas the newer ones will. Buying on the used market one needs to know exactly what to buy based on their camera body.

The vc version will focus on all nikon dslrs. The older versions may or may not. Its not an issue

Most reactions

Back