Best tripod head?

I have the Manfroto 322RC2 grip action ballhead, and I like it very much.

how are those legs? i thought about picking those up the other day, but i wanted to get some feedback from someone who has used it.

The 190 legs are reported to be good legs. I have the 055 legs and they are quite solid. I think they are a little heaver than the 190 ones, but I have hiked a mile or so with mine, (head, camera and telephoto lens attached) and I didn't feel the weight was too much, and I am always pleased to have a solid platform for my camera.

190 legs are excellent. I'd suggest either a 468 or 488 ball head.
The 190 legs are a bit short for me. The 488 is a good head, but has a tendancy to drift with a heavy load. It seems the 322 head is a bit more predictable for locking in.

Just my 2¢

When I was looking for a tripod all my shooting buddies told me to get either the Manfrotto 055XPROB or 190XPROB tripod legs (I got the 190XPROB) with the 488RC2 Midi Ball Head. That was the only tripod head they recommended so that's the one I got. Been very happy with it since.

I don't care about the height, I am only 5 ft. So the consensus is the 488?

488 is excellent; if the budget allows, I'd go for the 468, but the 488 will do a great job.

the raving reviews have pretty much sold on me those legs. guess i'll have to save up again

Maybe it should read best ball head for X dollars, because you can find some pretty high end units out there.

BTW - I went for the Giottos 1300 for about $135 on sale. Probably not a good choice for your business. The 488 should serve you well.

-Shea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back